Tuesday 6 May 2014

E=mc2: read the review! [Karthik]

     Why balloons rise, apples fall, and golf balls go awry. That seems like a nice book... or not.
 The title, well after you get to know the title, you may as well close this page and read somebody else's book review, and if you feel like doing that, do it now... 
      Okay so if you're still here, thanks for getting the courage to do so. The book's name is E=MC2, and to put it short it is full of black magic. By using this term, I mean that science and physics by all means is not boring, and to all people who think it is, read this. I know for sure that you will not read it, as I was talking with my friends and this book came up. "who would read that" one said, well I really don't know, this review should be in the fiction section. just check this part out, while the author introduces the reader to the astronomer, Ptolemy; 
     "A few hundred years later, another ancient Greek called Ptolemy [ignore that first 'p' when you say his name, or you may be accused of spitting] came up with a fairly accurate system for predicting the position of the stars and planets."-Excerpt from E=mc2 by Jeff Stewart. 
     Although my friends may have a point when they say "who might read this book?",  and that if you like science this book will be all the better to read, I am just advising you to read it anyhow. I really like science and heard that Stephen Hawkings' BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME, was amazing and was informational without being boring, sadly this statement was not that true, as yeah, when you get to 12th grade you would have already read it, for now that is kind of out of my reach. But really this book E=mc2 is unparalleled in it's ability to make you read the information, without being boring, trust me, I can't say more than to give it a '6th grade Humanities blog rating of 5/5 stars......     [*****]  Why did I give this book 5 stars, well read it to find out won't you, and if you are interested in reading this, send me a quick comment, and I'll tell you how to find the book- it's in the High School library.
     So this book takes you through time and space and explains how it's actually impossible to time travel, without ending up as a blob of disorganised atoms at the end- although traveling among different time zones is possible, this focusses of travelling through eras. And really... that cover is not accurate, replace it with a childish drawing of a man jumping from planet to planet and you'll get closer to the core of this book. [look below :)]!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment