Sunday 21 December 2014

book report- language arts

book report- because of Winn-Dixie
by:Jaehoon Jeong


The summer Opal and her father, the preacher, move to Naomi, Florida, Opal goes into the Winn-Dixie supermarket-and comes out with a dog. A big, ugly, suffering dog but has a sweetheart and good sense of humor. A dog she dubs is named Winn-Dixie. Because of Winn-Dixie, the preacher tells Opal ten things about her absent mother, one for each year Opal has been alive. Winn-Dixie is better at making friends than anyone Opal has ever known, and together they meet the local librarian, Miss Franny Block, who once fought off a bear with a copy of War and Peace. They meet Gloria Dump, who is nearly blind but sees with her heart, and Otis, who sets the animals in his pet shop loose after hours, then lulls them with his guitar.


I think this book is very important because it tells even animals and things can make people happy and fun. For example in this book, all because of that ugly and big dog, Opal made so many friends. I think that is the reason why it is titled “Because of Winn-Dixie”. Furthermore, I think animals can think and do just like us or human. They can respond and react in different situation.


I really feel sorry for Winn-Dixie and thank to Opal because if Opal didn’t adopted Winn-Dixie, it would have suffered from hunger and sad. So I think I should adopt an animal or a kid when I grew older, if not possible, I would donate.


I really recommend this book to people who think that animals has no thinking and stupid. I want to tell them that animals can react and see just like us. Also, there is a very good movie for this story, I have watched it and I think you will understand better like me if u watch it.  


1 comment:

  1. You did so good job on making inferences and thinking deeply. I like how you organized your paragraphs and making sure to understand the readers.

    ReplyDelete