Wednesday 3 December 2014

When You Reach Me by Rebbeca Stead




I recently finished a book called When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead. Miranda and her best friend Sal are in 6th grade. They both know every place which is safe and dangerous in their neighbourhood. Everything changes when Sal gets punched for no reason by a kid on the street and stops talking and meeting Miranda. The keys which Miranda's mom keeps hidden underneath the mat get stolen and Miranda starts getting mysterious notes. Every time she reads the note she thinks she can prevent a death of some one close to her but then the last note comes and Miranda thinks she is to late.

"Miranda:

  Your letter must tell a story-a true story.You cannot begin now, as most of it has not yet taken place.And even afterward,there is no hurry.But do not wait so long that your memory fades.I require as much detail as you can provide.The trip is a difficult one, and I must ask my favours while my mind is around.
  A postscript: I know you have shared my first not.I ask you not to share the others.Please.I do not ask this for myself."

So who is sending Miranda these mysterious notes and why?

Does that person know something Miranda does not?
Why is Sal not talking to Miranda anymore?
WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF ALL THIS?

Read the book to find out!

I would rate this book with 5 stars because it is really mysterious and you don't feel like leaving the book!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice Book Review :)
    Is It a scary book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samara,

    This sounds like a really interesting book. I had never heard of this title before. Did you find this in our class library?

    Mr. Martin

    ReplyDelete