Tuesday 29 April 2014

A Series of Unfortunate Events

     Lastly, I finished this book called 'A Series of Unfortunate Events; The Miserable Mill,' by Lemony Snicket. I started to read these series of books by going over the reviews that others wrote on the book blog. The four main characters were Violet, Klaus, Sunny and Count Olaf. This story is about the three Baudelaire orphans who lost their parents in a terrible fire. But Count Olaf tries to steal the fortune that their parents left behind. The three orphans are being adopted to different kinds of houses. This time, they are being adopted to a member who owns the lumbermill. But they feel that they are being watched by someone who was always following them.
     I really enjoyed this book because there are some words that can be hard for some people that are being defined in a more easier way to understand the texts. Also I think that this story has lots of explanations in different ways using metaphor, simile and other methods. I rate this book with five stars because I learned a lot of words by reading this book. I really recommend to read this series if you are interested in realistic fiction.



1 comment:

  1. I read this book, and I loved it ! Very good book !

    ReplyDelete