Tuesday 29 April 2014

The Black Tower by Betsy Byars



   Few days ago, I just finished a book called The Black Tower by Betsy Byars. I chose this book because I interested in this series and already I finished the 3 books in that series. Also because of one of my friend recommended it to me.
   Just when I start this book, I felt that maybe I can enjoy this book. The chapter's titles were taking interests of readers so those were very great titles.
   The summary of this book is Herculeah Jones is young private detective wanna be. She wanted to help her parents, police detective and a private detective but she can't, so she get caught up in solving a good mystery. When Herculeah's private detective mom asks her to go to Hunt House to read to old Mr. Hunt, she can't imagine what mystery need to she solve. She has heard rumors about Hunt House that her friends tell. Herculeah learns that Mr. Hunt is a stroke victim, so he can only answer "yes" or "no" with a blink or two blinks from his eyes. As Herculeah begins reading a scary story, a book Mr. Hunt chose, she realizes the book has the same black tower in the story that Mr. Hunt has attached to his house. Herculeah can tell that things are not quite right in the house. It is up to her to solve the mystery with her best friend, Meat.
   I very enjoyed this book with solving mystery during reading. It was the book that has Fiction and Mystery genre, so I think many people who likes to solve mystery can join this book. I would give ★★★★ stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment