Wednesday 9 December 2015

Moon Bear by Gill Lewis


My Summary:  This book is about a boy named Tam, who is part of a native Laotian tribe. Soon after he and his friend Noy try to steal a bear cub from the den of a moon bear, his tribe is forced to move out of the jungle and closer to the city, Tam’s father is working in a field one day when a hidden bomb from the Vietnam War blows up. His father is killed, and Tam is sent into the city to make money for his mother and sisters. When he sees how the bears are treated at the bear farm he works at, he wants to put an end to the cruelty. What will happen?

My Opinion and reasons:  My opinion of this book is that it was a very interesting story. Hearing how the bears are treated and how the forest is ripped down after Tam’s tribe left is really sad, but how Tam cares for the bears is heartwarming.

My Rating/Recommendation:  I rate this book 10 out of 10! During some parts of the story, I felt like I wanted to jump into the book and help the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment