Friday 22 January 2016

Gorilla Dawn by Gill Lewis

Gorilla Dawn Book Cover.png

My Summary: Imara is a young girl. She is supposedly the devil’s child. She had been bitten by a black mamba and lived. She lives with the Mambas, a bandit group that roam the Congo and terrorize villages. She went along with the men and used the devil to protect them. The leader of the Mambas is called the Black Mamba. Then, her life changes when three boys are kidnapped from a village, a pygmy called Saka, a boy called Emmanuel, but all the men call him Frog, and a mean, lonely boy called Dikembe, who willing joins the Mambas, but doesn’t make through his first attack. A young gorilla is taken with the boys to the camp. Bobo’s father is a ranger studying gorillas. But he goes missing while the rebels are in the forest. Will Bobo’s and Imara’s paths meet?
My Opinion and reasons: My opinion of this book was that it was excellent! The characters seem so realistic! You want to help them with the dangers of the rebels.The demon in Imara is horrible, but he gets sorted out.
My Rating/Recommendation: I would rate this book 9 ½ out of ten! I loved the plot and the story, even though some parts are very sad, like when Bobo finds out about his father. But, overall, this book is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you wrote your opinion on the book. I would like to read the book.

    ReplyDelete