Wednesday 8 October 2014

Percy Jackson: The lightening thief By: Rick Riordan

The lightening thief is a book I am currently reading. This book is a fantasy book by Rick Riordan. So, if you like fantasy book, and adventure books, I think you will like it.. It is about a half blood boy, Perseus Jackson. He is going on a quest to find the lost lightning bolt, (Zeus's)  which he did not steal, but the gods suspected him. He is actually doing this for him mom, whom is in the underground, captured by Hades. I am not sure what happens at the ends, and even though I did, I wouldn't tell, because I  don't want to be spoiler. Anyways, I also have to read the book. So, don't ask me for it. Read it, and check it out!

One of my favorite parts:
Page: 140~141
Percy is in front of a mummy that tells the people their destiny, and the mummy showed him a picture of his step father, and his playing poker. The oracle said: You shall go to west, and face the god who had turned. "You shall find whatever was stolen, and see it safely return. You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend. And you shall fail to save what matters most, in the end."This was one of my best parts when I was reading this book. It was also one of the things that kept me interested in this book. Especially when the mummy said those last two line. Being betrayed by whom calls you friend, and you shall fail at saving what matters the most, in the end. What could it be? I am still curious about those statements. I couldn't figure it out. So, that was the one unique part from what I've read so far. I hope I find the answer to them soon, or else, I will burst in curiosity. Like what people say : "Curiosity killed the cat." I really really really like this book. Even though I really don't like adventure books. So, just try it. Like I did. And I hope you like it! 

I hope you read this book. It is AMAZING! And, if you do,I heard that there were lots and lots more of the Percy Jackson series. I am very excited. Hope you liked it, and I hope you check this book out! ENJOY!!!  
BTW, check out the movie also! It's kind of different.. Hope you like it! 
 5 out of 5! 
By: Sunny

1 comment: