Wednesday 8 October 2014

Shiver


This book is called shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. A girl called race is attacked by a pack of wolves- growls, fangs, and teeth. But she knew a humanlike wolf- a black one with yellow eyes. She knew it wasn't dangerous. One day, when humans decided to hunt wolves and destroy the pack, she saw her black wolf shot and crouched near her house. Quickly, she nurses him, and what happens next takes away her breath...
His name is Sam, and after years of looking at him as a wolf, she has him as a boyfriend. But he is a were- wolf family that is just not dead. It is his last year as human, and it's the first year with Grace as a human. When cold stabs his body, he transforms into a wolf again. But the secret of this wolfish creatures is unknown to people..
This story is a level Z, but I think it is perfect to any fantasy lovers. I love how Maggie Stiefvater tells the story with 2 perspectives- Sam and Grace. Desperate of each other, Sam and Grace spends time with each other before it runs out. "We don't have time to be sad." Says Sam in the book. It is written with amazing details and beautiful vocabulary. 
Here are some parts in the book:
“I said uselessly, "Sam, don't go."

Sam cupped my face in his hands and looked me in the eyes. His eyes were yellow, sad, wolf, mine. 

"These stay the same. Remember that when you look at me. Remember it's me. Please.” 

“Hope hurt more than the cold.”

Please read this book.. It's so beautiful and sad.. I give it FULL FIVE STARS! 






1 comment:

  1. Tae Yeon I think your Book review is awesome, you really got me hooked even though I am reading the book. You also didn't spoil anything which is great.

    Alice L.

    ReplyDelete