Friday 14 March 2014

A Corner of the Universe by Ann M. Martin


The book is called A corner of the universe by Ann M. Martin. It is Realistic Fiction.
The book is about a girl named Hattie. She lives in a boarding house that her parents own.
 In the summer vacation her parents tell her something she didn't expect to hear. Hattie has another uncle, by the name Adam. He is about 20 years old. But he isn't a regular uncle. He has mental problems. He lived at this one school since he was about 12 years old, but it closed, so he had to go home until his parents (Hattie's grandparents) found a new school for him.
Hattie's grandparents is living in this perfect world. Or they are trying to make it perfect and having a child like Adam makes it less easy. They try to act like nothing is wrong. But they can't ignore the fact that he is like he is, that is what Hattie feels. Having Adam home started going well but things got worse. Much worse.

I want to give this book 4 stars (****). It is great, and so far the best book I read this year.

I read other books by Ann M. Martin so I thought I would try this book, I also thought the title sounded really good.
I would recommend this book to people that likes to read about relationships, and feelings. I think it is for people in middle school. 

5 comments:

  1. You have done really well! and i think my favourite part of the post is when you explain the details about the uncle and chlid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a book called "Belle Teal" and actually it is written by Ann M. Martin. It is a great book and I will reccommend it to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Nagisa, I will definitely read it!

      Delete
  3. Ann Martin is a great author for MS girls. Glad you both are enjoying her work (Emma and Nagisa)!

    ReplyDelete