Wednesday 12 March 2014

Stardust by Neil Gaiman


   This book is called Stardust and is written by award-winning author Neil Gaiman. This is a Fantasy book. 

   This book is about a young boy, Tristran Thorn, who is in love with a girl called Victoria Forester. However, Victoria does not think Tristran is worthy of her. In order to be able to marry Victoria, Tristran makes an oath to find a fallen star that he and Victoria see one evening. But, this star is in fact a young girl. In order to find this fallen star, Tristran must cross over the ancient wall of the village, into a world that is full of magic, power and danger! Here, he meets a wicked witch who wants to kill the star, in order to have her heart so that she may remain young. But, as the story goes on, Tristran starts to protect the star... Who wins, Tristran or the witch??

I would rate this book 5 stars (*****) because it is wonderfully written and it is so descriptive. It will hook you from the start!

   I choose this book because I had previously read The Graveyard Book which is also written by Neil Gaiman. I loved this book because it knew how to balance humour and adventure and mystery. So, I wanted to read another Neil Gaiman book because my experience with The Graveyard Book was so good. Therefore, I picked up Stardust and I couldn't put it down.... 

9 comments:

  1. Great review, Arya. I like Neil Gaiman books. You are the first 6th grader to write a book review. Congratulations!
    Mr. Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you explained the summmary and I want to read this book, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also want to read this book!!!!!!! It looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think you would like it!

      Delete
  4. This book is going on my "To Read" list for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book looks really interesting!!! The way you explained the book want's me to read it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book seems really fun and interesting! I have read one book by Neil Gaiman called Coraline but I haven't read this book yet. I would now like to read Stardust too.

    ReplyDelete