Friday 14 March 2014

The Secret School by Avi

 This book is called The Secret School and it is written by Newbery-winner author AVI.
 
More than anything, Ida Bidson wants to become a professional teacher. To accomplish that goal, she must finish eighth grade, then go on to high school. But her dream knocked down, when the one-room school in her small village shot down. Her only hope is to keep the school open without anyone knowing that.
Just then one great idea popped in her mind... can I be the teacher?
 
So I would give ★★★★★ for this book because author gives colorful words to the sentence and describes how Ida feels.
 I would recommend this book to somebody who likes to read a book about school life and friendship which are the theme of this book.
 
I chose this book because my friend recommended to me and I got interested.
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I really liked the way you explained the book. I think I am going to read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this book before and I really enjoyed! I recommend this book too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book looks interesting I'll maybe try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A book about a teacher MUST be awesome ;-)

    ReplyDelete