Friday 14 March 2014

Between Shades of Gray By- Ruta Sepetys

Between Shades of Gray, a New York Times Bestseller, is the debut novel of American novelist Ruta Sepetys

**Young adult fiction**




Lina Vilkas is an ordinary girl from Lithuania. One night, Soviet officers (the NKVD) barge into her home, tearing her family from the comfortable life they've had. Separated from her father, forced onto a crowded and dirty train car. Lina, her mother Elena, and her young brother Jonas are now stuck here. This pitiful story extends into her travelling to several destinations and working in boot camps. Will Lina ever see her dada again? Will they ever get back the comfortable life they had? On this journey of survival might she make new friends?

This book stood out to me because it is a very powerful book. This book really made me think about how lucky I am to have such a comfortable life. Another reason why I picked this book is because it a very interesting book. It takes you on a journey with Lina.

I recommend this book to people who would like read a novel about how people survive in hard and horrible conditions. Someone who also like sad stories. I recommend this book to all people! I really thought this book is very special. Even thought this book has a lot of sad events it also had some happy.

I give this book 5 STARS! *****







1 comment: