Monday 19 October 2015

My brother Sam is dead by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier

This book is about the family who lived in the timeline of chaotic situation, when the American revolutionary war happened. The father is the loyalist (British side) and brother, (narrator’s brother) Sam is patriot. Sam decided to fight against the British army, but massive British army is closing by to the Patriots. Can Sam’s family be safe? I hope so!


I liked this book, mostly, but I think this book can be boring for normal kids because, you cannot fully understand this book unless you have a background knowledge about history. But, I think historians and American patriot will like it.

I’ll give ⅘ stars because, some part of this book is boring and sometimes, story isn't smooth
I recommend this book to the historians and American patriots,
but I won’t recommend this book to the British kids because, in this book, the author described British army as a marauders, different from the real history.
(British army had a strict rules.)

No comments:

Post a Comment